COVID-19 Guidelines & Best Practice for Sports & Tennis Camps
Many of the camp activities are outside such as tennis, swimming, volleyball, basketball and tetherball. Younger and older kids are routinely broken out during games, snack time, lunch, tennis, movie time plus tennis and swim lessons.
**Face Mask Requirements for Campers:
Half Day Camp 10am-2pm: There are NO face mask requirements.
All Day Camps 8-5:30 pm: All juniors are to wear a mask during STATIONS from 8-9 am/4:30-5:30 pm and also during MOVIE TIME 2-3:30 pm.
**NOTE: Juniors may wear face masks at other times if they so choose.
NOTE: Staff will be wearing a face mask when checking-in, taking temperatures of juniors as well as during STATIONS times 8-9 am/4:30-5:30 pm, LUNCH TIME noon-1 pm and during MOVIE TIME 2-3:30 pm.
COVID Protocals for Summer All Day & Half Day Camps:
- TEMPERATURES of Staff will be taken when arriving at the club and prior to starting their work day. If any staff should have a temperature of 100 degrees or more, they will be sent home.
- TEMPERATURES of camps kids will be taken as they arrive each morning. Check-in for ALL DAY SPORTS camp will be outside of the camp building. Check-in for HALF DAY camp will be outside on the pro-shop deck. Parents are to sign their child in and wait to leave until temperature has been taken. If any child should have a temperature of 100 degrees or more, the parent will be asked to take the child home.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING – The younger and older kids are routinely broken out into separate groups during games, snack time, lunch, tennis, swim lessons and movie time.. We will practice social distancing on court while instruction as well as when breaking for water. Chairs on the decks during break times, will be set up in adherence with social distancing guidelines.
- The FLOW of kids entering and departing spaces will be regulated to ensure safe distancing.
- HAND SANITIZER dispensers are on each one of the decks as well as all the tennis courts; check-in tables, camp building and picnic table areas in use for camp.
- HANDWASHING times will be available for the kids. Counselors will routinely remind them to do this.
- FOOD & DRINK – there will be no sharing of food, drinks or cups. We will have camp ice water jugs on the decks and in the camp building. We will continue to use disposable cups. A camp staff person will dispense the water from the jugs for the juniors. Juniors will not touch the jugs. Regarding snack time at 9:40 am, snacks for each child will be individually wrapped.
- CLEANING – Bathrooms are sanitized twice a day at 1 pm and 5:30 pm. All common area furniture to include chairs, tables, as well as all gaming equipment, will be cleaned and disinfected with sanitizing spray/wipes after kids go out for tennis at 10 am. They will be sanitized at the end of the day when camp is completed. All chairs will be sanitized after movie time at 3:30 pm with spray/wipes. Picnic areas used for camps will be cleaned and sanitized at the end of the day.
Courtney P. Mayer, USPTA
HEAD/Penn Ad Staff Team
Green Tree Tennis Club Director