COVID-19 Guidelines & Best Practice for Junior Tennis After School Programs
Green Tree is a large and spacious facility which makes it easier to social distance and keep the kids in separate areas. All junior tennis programs are held outside. Additionally, tennis is at the bottom of the Covid risk level chart at a 1.
We will be following guidelines & Best Practice for COVID-19 management:
- Temperatures of GT staff are taken daily upon arrival at the club. If any staff should have a temperature of 100 degrees, they will be sent home.
- We will be taking the temperature of juniors as they arrive for their tennis program. If any child should have a temperature of 100 degrees or more, the parent will be asked to take the child home.
- Chairs on the decks will be set up in adherence to social distancing guidelines.
- There is a no handshake policy.
- There will be no sharing of food, drinks, or cups.
- Water jugs have been removed from the court and we ask that all juniors bring a jug of water or bottled water to drink..
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are on each deck and will be on each court.
- We will practice social distancing on court while instructing.
- Tennis is a form of exercise so facemasks are not required for the kids. Facemasks for the parents are not required outside but certainly may be used at their discretion.
NOTE: 1) We ask that you don’t bring any guests when attending/watching the group tennis program and 2) if you or your child is not feeling well, please do not come to tennis class.
Courtney P. Mayer, USPTA
HEAD/Penn Ad Staff Team
Green Tree Tennis Club Director